Heart of a Samaritan
The parable about the Good Samaritan in the book of Luke teaches us to care for others and to get involved. The Good Samaritan had compassion on an injured stranger by the side of the road. He went way beyond the call of duty. He took that stranger to a safe place and paid for him to get the continued care he needed. In all this, he displayed God’s amazing mercy, grace, and love. The Good Samaritans of today:
- Have caring, compassionate, and generous hearts.
- Desire to touch lives and heal families.
- Make families and communities stronger.
- Serve others and work to make a difference.
- Are passionate about beliefs.
- Believe everyone deserves good, affordable health care, both physical and mental.
2020 Award Recipient
2019 Award Recipient
2018 Award Recipient
The Reverend Kathy T. Heustess
2017 Award Recipient
2016 Award Recipient
The Reverend Dr. James L. Hyatt, Jr.
2015 Award Recipient
John Stokes Springs
2014 Award Recipient
Carolyn Willis Creel
2013 Award Recipient
The Reverend Thomas N. Brittain