J. Carlene Roberts, MA, LPC
Hello! I’m Carlene, a Licensed Professional Counselor providing therapy services to adult individuals and couples. My approach to counseling is relaxed, relational, and holistic – an integration of mind, body, and spirit.
I primarily work with women (ages 18 and up) specializing in depression (mood disorders), stress management and anxiety disorders, self-esteem, body image issues, and the impact of trauma. I have experience working with women struggling with postpartum depression and other perinatal issues.
I also help clients dealing with grief/loss as well as those struggling with a difficult adjustment or major changes in life.
Additionally, I often work with couples impacted by infidelity, struggling with communication, or just wanting to improve their relationship and connectivity.
Here’s what you can expect if you choose to work with me:
- I will listen to you, work to build a trusting relationship with you and hold your story in confidence.
- I will provide you with a safe and supportive environment where you feel accepted, valued, heard, and cared for as you share your story, and navigate the challenges and changes we will confront in your counseling process.
- I will work collaboratively with you to help you develop healthy patterns of thinking, behaving, and relating so that you can experience satisfying relationships and thrive in your daily life. I will be invested in your wellness, healing and growth.
- I will be ethical, maintain healthy client-therapist relationship boundaries, and uphold a professional standard of care in alignment with my professional counseling licensure.
- I will provide services within my areas of expertise and provide referrals outside my scope of training – if you are seeking services from an LGBT specialist, eating disorder specialist, child specialist, or addiction specialist I do not provide these services.
- I will be honest about the services I can and cannot provide so as not to waste your time and financial resources – I will not be a good fit for you if you are seeking counseling services for a disability claim, court ordered counseling, or anger management.
I believe that my own journey to wellness, professional training, and a holistic integration of evidence-based psychotherapy and biblical precepts have equipped me to best serve clients. My purpose is to encourage, and help you to grow and heal to be your best self, live life with joy, and experience healthy meaningful relationships. I look forward to meeting you and working with you to accomplish your counseling goals.
- B.A., Psychology, Columbia College, Columbia SC
- B.A., Elementary Education, Columbia College, Columbia SC
- M.A., Mental Health Counseling, Webster University, Greenville SC
- American Counseling Association
- American Association of Christian Counselors
- Insurance Accepted